At North County Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry in Oceanside, CA we never want you to forego treatment because of fear. In addition to our multiple sedation dentistry options, we’ve also invested in revolutionary advanced technology and proudly offer the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAPⓇ) to treat moderate to severe gum disease.
LANAPⓇ is an innovative FDA-approved, minimally invasive alternative to traditional gum disease treatment. This no cut, no sew procedure uses laser technology to precisely remove the bacteria from the periodontal pockets without damaging the healthy bone and tissue of the surrounding areas.
Patients who choose LANAPⓇ can expect
- A more comfortable procedure, since there are no scalpels or stitches used
- Less bleeding and inflammation
- A faster recovery– most patients return to normal activity within 24 hours or less
- No gum recession since the laser specifically targets the bacteria but doesn’t have any affect on healthy tissue
- To save their existing teeth—LANAPⓇ stimulates and regenerates bone growth around teeth to keep them in place