Whether you have a healthy body with normal dental anxiety, or a medical condition that requires special needs dentistry in Vista, CA, Dr. Henninger can help. We use all the latest in sedation techniques to ensure that every patient enjoys the benefits of a healthy body and a healthy mouth. We help you choose the right sedation method for you or your loved one to ensure that they get oral health care without the added anxiety or discomfort that comes from a visit to the dentist.
Common Conditions Requiring Special Needs Dentistry
Psychological issues, medical conditions and the age of the patient are all things that can affect how you react at the dentist. Many patients are referred to us because of our unique ability to handle special needs dentistry, which may include patients with:
- Down syndrome
- Mental delays
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Pediatric patients
- Complex medical histories
No matter the age of the patient, they may benefit from sedation dentistry to ensure that a visit to the dentist is pleasant rather than terrifying.
Our Sedation Options
Our full range sedations options include:
- Oral sedation – the patient takes medication before the procedure to help them relax
- IV sedation – medication is administered through an IV
- Nitrous oxide – patient breathes nitrous oxide through a mask that is monitored closely
- Local anesthesia – numbs the area that is being treated, typically with an injection
- General anesthetic – patient is placed under general anesthesia and asleep during procedure
We know that sedation can be a scary thing for patients and loved ones, and when you choose us, you can rest assured that you will be well taken care of. We keep you comfortable and safe through the entire treatment process.
Give Us a Call
If you need special needs dentistry or want to learn more about sedation options for a loved one that needs treatment, call us today at 866-908-1114.